- Our Admissions Counselor will contact you by telephone to obtain information needed for pre admissions.
- Plan for parent / spouse / friend to stay at the outpatient facility during your stay.
- Arrange for transportation home from the outpatient facility.
- If a child is having surgery, make sure there are two adults that come for surgery. That way one can drive home and the other one can take care of the patient. An adult needs to stay with the patient for the first 24 hours.
- There is limited space in the waiting room so please do not bring children, siblings or any other family or friends to facility.
Preparing for Day Surgery
Before Day Surgery
Immediately Before Surgery
- You should not eat or drink anything after midnight the day of surgery unless otherwise directed by the physician. Your paperwork from your physician should state the instructions.
- Dress in comfortable loose clothing.
- For very small children, bring a supply of diapers, extra clothing and other items they normally use. Bring your child’s favorite blanket or toy.
- Bring insurance information and all forms given to you by your physician
After Day Surgery
- You will be given a Discharge Plan at the time of discharge. It will give specific instructions for the level of activity and diet that is recommended.
- Always follow recommendations from your physician.